Limitation of number of renters question
From: Elliot Lepler (ecl1aol.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:40:11 -0800 (PST)
I am a member of a 19-unit, 3 year-old cohousing community of older adults in
Mountain View California and am chairing a task force looking at developing a
rental policy. There is sentiment among our members to apply a limit of 3 units
rented out of the 19 at any one time. There is concern about what effect a
larger number of rented units might have on the functioning of our community. I
worry that limit might be overly restrictive but would like to hear if other
cohousing communities have experience with a similar policy. If this limitation
is in the main stream my concerns would be alleviated to a great degree.
I searched this list and found only one example posted in 2016 from Ashland
Cohousing Community of a limit of 2 renters in a community of 13 households. Do
the rest of you belong to communities with rental limits? How many units
compared to your total?
Thank you in advance for sharing your perspectives.
Elliot Lepler
Mountain View Cohousing Community"