Re: Limitation of number of renters question
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 12:45:18 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 30, 2018, at 3:13 PM, Reede Stockton <commercial [at] willriley.com>
wrote:

> That's a great point about financial diversity.  For those of us concerned
> about the relative lack of diversity in cohousing, allowing a greater
> percentage of rentals might help address the issue somewhat.

More rentals in cohousing would increase diversity only if the rents are lower
than the average market rate. It won’t be if non-resident owners are renting at
the top rates and won’t or can’t guarantee long term rentals— not 20 years but
2-5 years.

It would be better if we built units that were designed as rentals,
particularly for the 20-somethings.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines