Re: Limitation of number of renters question
From: Alan O'Hashi (adoecosyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 04:41:43 -0800 (PST)
in a hot housing market like boulder, i don't know who's renting, but a one or
two bedroom apartment goes for $1k to $2k and more plus first, last and
deposit. around here, all the nimby folks come out in force and pay lip
service, 'we need affordable housing and rentals, but not next door to them'.
google just came to town and bought up a bunch of the 'affordable' apartment
buildings for worker housing, which is a good thing, but took a big bite out of
the student housing supply, not to mention the supply for the service sector.
three of my neighbors tricked out their basements. around here, they have to be
careful to classify renters as 'housemates'. we have more who do the ab&b for
supplemental income, but in my mind shouldn't be getting away with not paying
the community a percentage for trading on our name, using our 'spectacular
views' in their advertising, putting the community at risk by mooching the
liability insurance.

Alan O'Hashi - ECOS
EnviroCultural Organization Systems
 http://www.alanohashi.com/ecos