Re: specifying the location of business meetings
From: S. Kashdan (s_kashdanhotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 23:34:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi Muriel and all,

At Jackson Place Cohousing we don't have any specific rule about where team
meetings are to be held. They can be held in individual homes or in our
common house livingroom or dining room, depending on what works for the
members of the team. All such meetings are marked on our community calendar
and announced in advance on our internal e-mail list, so anyone who is not a
participating member of the team but nevertheless interested is able to
attend as long as the schedule works for that person. They are usually held
on weekday evenings. But, if the members of the team agree to schedule them
at other times, that can and does happen.

By convention our monthly coordinating committee meetings and our monthly
community business meetings are held in our common house dining room on
Sunday afternoons. There is no real set rule about it, but people have come
to expect it that way.

Our coordinating committee usually meets two weeks before the monthly
community business meeting and asks team leaders to attend and report on
their team's progress and also takes care of coordinating the various teams.
The coordinating committee also helps people to prepare presentations of
various topics for the community business meetings and decides on the
specific schedules for each community business meeting. No actual community
decisions are made at the coordinating committee meetings except the
scheduling of topics for the community business meeting.

The times and places for the coordinating committee meetings and the
community business meetings are also posted on our community calendar and
announced in advance on our internal e-mail.  Everyone is welcome to attend
both meetings. But, most people only attend the community business meetings
on a regular basis. The coordinating committee meetings usually have
something like 10 to 12 attendees. The community business meetings have
something like 20 to 40 adults attending.

Meeting minutes of teams are reviewed by participants and corrected when
necessary before general circulation. Meeting minutes of both the
coordinating committee and the community business meeting are circulated in
draft form for a week, so they can be reviewed by all participants for
accuracy before being finalized.

Finalized meeting minutes of teams, the coordinating committee and the
community business meetings are all posted on our internal e-mail list so
that everyone can keep up with what is happening as much as they want to.

I hope this helps a little.

Cohousingly,
Sylvie

Sylvie Kashdan