Re: question re HOA dues formula and special assessments
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 06:38:59 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 18, 2018, at 12:38 PM, Judith Lienhard/US/OR/CC via Cohousing-L
<cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

> I have  2 legal questions: please pass them on to whomever is most
> knowledgeable about this-
>
> Is it legally allowed to change the formula ( in the Declaration)  for
> assigning HOA dues per home unit at this stage?

> Question 2: is it legally required to request additional assessments for
> large general projects or repairs using the same formula or could it for
> instance be shared equally among all HOA owners?

These are questions that can only be answered in the context of state law and
the community’s legal documents. The local chapter of the Community
Associations Institute could also give you advice.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC