Re: list of emergency contacts for residents
From: Muriel Kranowski (
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:21:41 -0800 (PST)
We've been collecting emergency-contact info for several years. AFAIK we
didn't get anyone saying that this needed to be kept private; a call goes
out once a year or so to refresh your contact info if applicable, and then
the refreshed list is sent to everyone via our listserv. It's especially
important for our single residents, but families supply this info too.

The list includes some medical-alert information as well, such as allergies
(especially to medicine), that first-responders and ER people should know.
I don't know if we could really transmit that kind of information in a
timely way - if your neighbor just collapsed and you're calling 911 and
alerting the community and what-all in such a situation, would you think to
pull up that document if you had it on your phone? But I don't know how
else we could do it.