Re: Coin- or card-operated laundry machines at cohos?
From: Beverly Jones Redekop (beverly.jones.redekopgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:56:52 -0800 (PST)
I also support not charging for laundry.  Everyone who uses the common
house contributes to its being a lively and interactive place.  People who
attend community meals use hot water for dishwashing, but a dishwashing fee
seems counter to the goals.

People who are willing to lug their laundry to the common house are making
a community-oriented effort, in my opinion.  It would be easiest to just
have a private washer and stay isolated at home, but it's nice to bump into
neighbours while doing mundane tasks.  I think the common house is meant to
be more than a party room or club house as found in conventional
condo/strata complexes.

I think a laundry fee is suitable if there is also a parking fee, dining
fee, mailroom fee, playroom fee, washroom fee, etc... I'm sure that our
beer-making club has a laundry-like level of consumption for the hot water
involved in brewing, and I also appreciate them for keeping the common
house occupied and lively.