Re: Coin- or card-operated laundry machines at cohos?
From: Mariana Almeida (missmgrrlyahoo.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:12:46 -0800 (PST)
Hi Bob,
We have a tally system - per load. I wouldn't recommend it due to the
accounting. We have someone who does the accounting, but it seems silly to me
to be that precise. Also, does everyone remember to jot down their washes?
Seems implausible.

Instead, just charge a "per user" charge. So a household of 4 would be charged
the same as 4 individuals.
I might propose a high utilizer vs. low utilizer diffential. It seems that
little kids, and teens in sports teams generate more laundry than the average
mostly-sedentary adult.
The key seems to be to set a reasonable rate for each load.... I think ours is
.50 or .75 per load. Just figure out how much you need to spend to
repair/replace and to run them and divide by number of washes. I'm sure it will
come out cheaper than laundromats.
We have machines that seem to be abused and break down often. Buying a service
contract has been key.

Mariana
 Berkeley Cohousing
    On Tuesday, February 20, 2018, 6:49:58 AM PST, Bob Morrison via Cohousing-L