Re: Coin- or card-operated laundry machines at cohos?
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 11:31:48 -0800 (PST)
Another way to approach community laundry room fees is to not charge at all,
like we don't at Nevada City Cohousing, so that we actually encourage people
using the community laundry room, because it comes in the basic HOA dues...both
the use of the laundry and dryer machines, as well as fragrance fee soap.  This
has worked well for us for our 12 years on site, and helped get a lot of people
to try the community laundry before they went to go get their own.  Last count,
about two thirds of our 34 households use the common house laundry (3 of each
machines). We decided to go this route because:

1. Gets more people coming thru the common house at all times of day and nite,
which is good for common house security.

2. The common house has the most energy and water efficient machines, so we
want to encourage people in using them.

3. If we buy fragrance-free soap, and you can use that for no additional
costs....so that encourages people to use that eco soap.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions