car-sharing question
From: Muriel Kranowski (
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 13:23:21 -0800 (PST)
Some folks in my community would like to start a car-sharing program for
the subset of residents who are interested. There are a lot of moving parts
(...sorry... ) to this kind of project with all kinds of nitty-gritty
things to be worked out. The burning soul who really wants this to happen
has already done quite a lot of research, but he realizes that he doesn't
know everything that might be involved, so I'm asking on his behalf here on

I don't know to what extent state law impacts this - we're in Virginia -
but many aspects of such a program would have to be figured out no matter
where you live. The organizer would love to get in touch with anyone who
might be successfully doing this elsewhere. If you tried to do it and
couldn't overcome some obstacles, I imagine that would be helpful too.

Please reply directly to Bill Calfee <bcalfeeslv [at]>   Thanks!

 Muriel at Shadowlake Village Cohousing