Seeking Examples of Cohousing Implementation Plans
From: Chris Terbrueggen (
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 20:24:29 -0800 (PST)
Greetings, I'm a member of CohoMadison in Madison, WI. We now have
reservations on 35 of our 45 units. We are planning a groundbreaking  May
2018.   We have a great project manager who is handling developer details
and project construction.

As a committee member of the Strategic Planning Committee for CohoMadison,
I am seeking examples of planning documents for cohousing
community organization and implementation.  I would like to know what needs
to be accomplished before and after offers to purchase are given to members
and then what needs to be completed 6 months before and after move in.

Thanks, Chris Terbrueggen

Planning for the next phases. (Brainstorming)

   1. 1. After acceptance of offers-to-purchase

   - o Process policies (Policies not in the condo documents)
      - o Community formation
      - o Practice meals
      - o Construction supervision
      - o

   - 2. Several Months before move-in

   - o Move in issues (use of elevator etc.)
      - o WiFi, cable etc.
      - o

   - 3. Operation for the first 3 months

   - o Circles for: Common space, meals, grounds, guest, etc.

Planning for next phases