Re: Experiences with/as disabled people in cohousing
From: Ann Lehman (
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 08:16:28 -0800 (PST)
From Karen Jolly who is a partially disable member of our community

“First, there must be complete accessibility.  Our building does not meet that

The community must recognize that the community tasks need to be assigned with
abilities in mind.  This means some folks may do the same task indefinitely
(like mopping floors) and there may not be an equal division of responsibility.

The issue of potential extra care should be addressed.

Personally, cohousing is an excellent choice as long as the community has
addressed the extra care that may be required.

Sent from my iPhone