Re: Experiences with/as disabled people in cohousing
From: Allison Tom (allison.tomtelus.net)
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 08:52:17 -0800 (PST)
Hello Dick,

My sense is that there are communities that have had bad experiences trying to accommodate disabilities and that there is a reason other than prejudice or "just not being aware" that lies behind the hesitation I sense.

I'd like to know if I'm over-reading this, if people have had experiences that have led them to this reluctance, and so on.  Of course, I'm also interested in situations where disabilities have been successfully accommodated, but I'm trying to get at the quieter edge of this as well.  I know that a listserve may not be the right place to probe such a question, which is why I'm open to other ways of hearing from people.

Thanks for the initial responses, and I hope to hear more.

Allison