Re: Seeking Examples of Cohousing Implementation Plans
From: Ann Zabaldo (
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 17:30:18 -0800 (PST)
Hi Chris —

I echo Elizabeth and Mariana’s suggestions with this caveat:

As others have said, hire a cohousing professional NOW to guide you through
this labyrinth.  What you are describing is needing a pathway through the
development time line.  These consultants have the plans and materials you are

And, Chris, when your cohousing community is complete it would be a great
contribution to the whole cohousing movement if you would be willing to write
such a plan as you describe and share it w/ everyone on this list.

To help you on your way …

You can see all of the documents forTakoma Village Cohousing by going to this
web page:

Everything is available for you to read.

I also suggest looking at the Mid Atlantic Cohousing website’s RESOURCES

Be sure to click on the other menu items in the pull down menu labeled

I see today you have gotten some additional suggestions from Katie Henry and
others.  Once again, in your reply today, I see you are asking for a document I
do not believe exists in the format you desire.  Hence … my suggestion that you
create this document and share it with us.  This is how you can help cohousing
move forward.

Congrats on your cohousing adventure.  Please keep us all informed of how you
are doing.

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA

As long as you have two or fewer … your ducks are always in a row.  The Covert