Re: Kitchen flooring material: ?anyone used ceramic tile?
From: Catya Belfer (
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 06:37:55 -0700 (PDT)
As someone who spends a lot of time cooking in our common house kitchen,
I'd say: NOT STONE.  Ow, my feet :)

Ours is, I believe, epoxy over wood, it's held up well for 9 years so far.
We have the grittyness in it to keep it from being super slippery, which
makes cleaning it something of a chore, but nothing unmanageable.

     - cat

Catya Belfer   -
Technical Director   -
Cohousing in MA -

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 3:15 PM, Ruth J Hirsch <heidinys [at]>