Re: Kitchen flooring material: ?anyone used ceramic tile?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 07:07:47 -0700 (PDT)
I can't speak for common use, but we installed ceramic tiles in our last
house and UG. Yes, hard on the feet, but even worse, anything breakable
that dropped absolutely *shattered**. *And although it didn't happen in the
year we had the floor before we moved, we were always scared of something
breaking a tile. Finally, the grout made it a pain to clean.

It doesn't sound like a good choice for a common kitchen to me, especially
since so many people come and go (in my experience) and breakage is
inevitable.