Re: Kitchen flooring material: ?anyone used ceramic tile?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 11:13:08 -0700 (PDT)
> On Mar 12, 2018, at 1:49 PM, Dick Margulis <dick [at] dmargulis.com> wrote:

> mats at all the work stations — that get rolled up, dragged outside, and
> hosed down, followed by the sealed concrete floor being mopped.
>
> Maybe there's a better or more economical solution, and I'm still open to
> suggestions.

Well, it may not be about economy but about who wants to clean and how. On a
daily basis, rolling up mats to sweep and damp mop maybe too much.

The attraction to rolling up mats, hauling outside, hosing down, and swabbing
the floor will likely to be from different people than those who might do daily
sweeping.

Sexist alert: As someone said before about lawns, buy a riding mower and men,
at least, will be falling all over themselves to mow the lawn.

The same may be true of any housekeeping job that becomes big and impressive.
Our sanitizer attracted those who loved the big dealness of it. The noise added
to the drama. Now we have dishwashers and I can’t say I’ve seen any men taking
an interest in them.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines