bulletin board material
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 13:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
Bulletin board material. When planning our common house, I visited others. In a
number of places I saw beautiful buildings with tacky (no pun intended!)
bulletin boards. Typical sheet-cork material simply didn't hold up to years of
use. I found that Forbo, the makers of Marmoleum, sold high quality bulletin
board material. I assume they still do. Comes in a wide array of colors, and
"self heals" the tack holes. We chose a sage green.

For those designing a common house, I strongly recommend planning lots of
bulletin board space. We have one board with the big calendar, sign up sheets
for cooks and diners, House Rules, and other community items. Another gets
flyers for local events, and other general interest items. Another has business
cards etc. And yet another is filled with photos of members and members'

And do consider investing in a long-term material like the Forbo. Ours still
looks good after almost 20 years of use.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA