Re: bulletin board material
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 15:31:39 -0700 (PDT)
On Mar 12, 2018, at 4:09 PM, Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah <welcome [at] olympus.net>
wrote:

> For those designing a common house, I strongly recommend planning lots of
> bulletin board space. We have one board with the big calendar, sign up sheets
> for cooks and diners, House Rules, and other community items. Another gets
> flyers for local events, and other general interest items. Another has
> business cards etc. And yet another is filled with photos of members and
> members' photography.
>
> And do consider investing in a long-term material like the Forbo. Ours still
> looks good after almost 20 years of use.

I agree that bulletin boards are very useful and important for a variety of
uses. Even though most of our communications and information is online, our
bulletin boards are always in use. Pictures, displays for proposed purchases or
construction plans, brochures and business cards, special event information,
etc. The bulletin boards also provide acoustical softening of a lot of noise.

Our original design had lots of bulletin boards — almost all walls had a 4x6
panel of Homosote covered with acoustical fabric that had faded. When we
refurbished we removed and recovered them with lighter fabric. The problem is
that the quality of the acoustical material that we could buy was not the same
quality as the original and looks more like burlap. I wish we had gone with
Forbo but we were dubious. I’m glad to hear that it does last 20+ years.

Information and installed examples:
https://www.forbo.com/flooring/en-gl/products/non-flooring-products/bulletin-board/bl7huw#panel_106

Google images of forbo bulletin board colors
http://tinyurl.com/ycdsperx

The Forbo site is challenged at showing colors but they were very liberal in
sending samples. Just say you are a condominium.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC