Re: Kitchen Flooring material: ?anyone used ceramic tile?
From: Susan Coberly (susandgeorgegmail.com)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 09:45:16 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

Our common house circa 2009 move-in has sheet marmoleum over concrete slab
in the kitchen, hall, baths, laundry room and children's room. We
discovered to our dismay that the kitchen marmoleum began self-destructing
along the lines of other's posts. Stains, holes, dents.  Planning to
replace .  The laundry room floor also needed patching due to water
overflows. At least one resident found out oven cleaner, dripping, made
holes in her marmoleum in front of her stove....

If you already have a concrete floor, why add ceramic tile and the deadly
grout to clean?

What about polished [stained or unstained], sealed concrete?

I agree that you should use floor mats.  Very important for our joints
(feet, ankles, knees, hips, backs...).  They will be enthusiastically
cleaned by some and not others but that frankly is the case with the floors
themselves.... You might have to get smaller iterations of the mats Dick
Margolis is thinking about, for those with less strength to drag them in
and out.

Or, maybe someone could design a drone or a robot to be used to drag the
things outside, wash and dry them and return them... that might generate
enthusiasm... ;-)

Susan
LaQuerencia
aka Fresno Cohousing