Subject: Re: Kitchen Flooring material: ?anyone used ceramic tile?
From: Susan Coberly (
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:45:18 -0700 (PDT)
Real Marmoleum or knock off profuct?

Thanks for the question, Sharon.

To clarify, yes LaQ has the brand name Marmoleum in the common house, and
in the individual homes' kitchens and baths (unless upgraded).

In my own LaQ house I made the mistake of agreeing to the flooring person's
suggestion to install Click Marmoleum Tiles because it would be "softer" -
and it is, since it is cork backed.  But as others have pointed out, each
seam is a water trap. Requires constant worry and vigilance. and who'd'a
thought that would be a good idea in a kitchen or bathroom?

I just live with it until I decide I want to and can afford to refloor.....
Ironically the installer glued down the same Click Marmoleum Tiles in the
upstairs bathroom and there is no wavy floor surface up there. but there is
also way less use up there, and a lot more vigilance, perhaps.

LaQuerencia ("LaQ") aka Fresno Cohousing

P.S. sorry I misspelled your last name, Dick Margulis.