common house flooring-questions
From: Kathleen Groshong (kathleengroshonggmail.com)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:36:00 -0700 (PDT)
After 24 years on-site at Puget Ridge Cohousing (Seattle), we are planning
to replace common house flooring.  We are considering oak flooring in
dining room, or possibly marmoleum, and marmoleum in the kitchen and
bathroom.
.
What has been your community's experience with oak flooring in dining
room?  Marmoleum in dining room, kitchen and/or bathroom?  For example:
How long has it lasted?
What maintenance has been required? What repair?
How is it cleaned?  Any issues with multiple cohousers doing cleaning?
For oak, what finish was used?  How often is sanding required and how long
does finish last in between sandings?
Any issues with scratches?  Other issues?

Thank you.
Kathleen
Puget Ridge Cohousing