Question about splitting a community
From: Lorry Laby (lorry.labygmail.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 09:07:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hi

I did a search and was unsuccessful finding any information about splitting
a community. We're forming the first cohousing community here in Israel.
We're a group of about 23 units so far, with many interested candidates.
The challenge we face (among many other challenges--like finding a workable
site!), is that about half of us want to live in Jerusalem and half of us
do not. We will therefore be splitting into two separate communities. It's
been dubbed, "One community; two sites."

I'm hoping that some of you have been through the process of dividing a
community into two, and that you can advise us about potential pitfalls and
ways to avoid them/deal with them.

Thank you so much!
Lorry Laby, Cohousing Israel