Re: Zoning Statue that mentions Cohousing?
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:03:29 -0700 (PDT)
In our case, we needed the Town to pass a special zoning just for us
because we wanted to do things that the Town did not permit, such as having
our houses facing away from the street and a little bit closer together
than the zoning for our part of town required. It wasn't identified as
"cohousing zoning" but the specifics allowed us to build our homes in a
cohouse-y configuration.

In return we were obliged to accept some restrictions on what we could do
that were more restrictive than for other new developments in town, to
pacify the hostile adjacent households who didn't want us here at all. So
it was not "just another condo" kind of zoning for us.