Re: Zoning Statue that mentions Cohousing?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 20:55:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Muriel —

It’s good to have this example because it supports the point I was making about
not being too different or unique.  This is where we sometimes get into
trouble.  We’re all so excited about creating this innovative neighborhood
called “cohousing” that we can’t wait to tell EVERYONE!  And so we do.  And it
weirds out the heads of planning departments, city and county councils and most
of all … the neighbors.

As I read your post, Muriel, Shadowlake Village needed an exception to the
zoning regulation but you didn’t go after “cohousing” zoning. In fact, you went
after something that modified the current zoning regulation on the books.   Or
did I miss something?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

As long as you have two or fewer … your ducks are always in a row.  The Covert
Comic