Re: zoning
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:23:43 -0700 (PDT)
In our town of 9000, if  you want to do something different from the 
pre-existing zoning and platting, you do what's called a Planned Unit 
Development. In efffect, you erase all the existing rules and make your own 
plan, and then defend this plan to the authorities. So you show you aren't a 
wetland, have sewer-cleanout and fire engine access, adequate roads and 
parking, acceptable density, etc etc. This is what we used to set up RoseWind 
Cohousing many years ago, and what the Port Townsend Ecovillage did, and I 
assume what the new Quimper Village cohousing here did. 

Check whether there is an equivalent process available to you (to "developers") 
where you live. The process is not tied to it being cohousing, or not.
Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA

On Mar 21, 2018, at 3:16 AM, cohousing-l-request [at] wrote:

>  Zoning Statue that mentions Cohousing?

  • Zoning John R. Abrams, January 13 1998
    • Re: zoning Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah, March 21 2018
    • Re: zoning Fred H Olson, March 22 2018

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.