Exceptions to zoning
From: Rod Lambert (rodecovillage.ithaca.ny.us)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 05:18:07 -0700 (PDT)
Developers get all sorts of 'variances' for their projects - narrower set
backs, extra height etc. I would think you could go that route. Try to
purchase or option a property 'conditioned' on getting a variance or other

Rod Lambert
Community mentor, Ecovillage at Ithaca NY

Fred Olson said:
"The  Planned Unit Development ("p.u.d.") option is pretty widely
available tho it varies a bit and goes by different names.
Unfortunately, in Minneapolis the minimum size for a PUD is 1 acre
and most of the possible sites we are looking at are somewhat less
than an acre. Is that typical? If so, does anywhere make exceptions?

Bassett Creek Cohousing, Minneapolis  http://mn.cohousing.org/bcrk/
The site we were planning on but did not control has soil contamination
we do not think we can deal with so we are looking at other sites and
recruiting members. We have 4 invested household.

Fred H. Olson  Minneapolis,MN 55411  USA "

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.