Re: Question about splitting a community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 11:24:53 -0700 (PDT)
On Mar 25, 2018, at 2:08 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> Mental fatigue. The whole group will be discussing twice as many obstacles.
> Having large group support sounds good but it means giving twice as much
> support too.
>
> One the other person is always unemployed or seriously underemployed or in
> danger of being unemployed.
>
> With a community comes all the benefits, but you also share the woes. Sharing
> the development woes of two groups at the same time might be too much.

I didn’t mean this to sound like the voice of doom. If one household is
unemployed there are still 42 others who probably are not.

And forming a cohousing group isn’t impossible, obviously, but it requires the
full focus of a group on tasks they usually have no experience with. To do it
with two groups at a time, even if you regard them as one group, might be too
complex.

Maybe have social events together; business meetings separately. And everyone
welcome to attend all the meetings.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines