Re: Question about Household Decision
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 12:31:26 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 5, 2018, at 3:19 PM, Bob Leigh <bobleigh [at] twomeeps.com> wrote:

> I'm certain that it can be done without damage to the community, in the
> abstract -- but in our community, that's not how it was.

And realistically that is how it sometimes has to be. Usually the reason that
drives a community to revise a process is already broken. It’s hard to set
bones straight without moving them around a bit.

Not all decisions are clear or easy. The value of cohousing rests on its
willingness to take on the process anyway.

And another reason to take your governance and decision-making structure
seriously from the beginning.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines, Washington DC

"Behavior is determined by the prevailing form of decision making." Gerard
Endenburg