Question about Committee Membership and Sociocracy
From: Chris Terbrueggen (christopher402gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 19:57:03 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings, At CohoMadison, Reach committee members are working on a
committee proposal to define our governance structure and decision-making
process using consent.

A question came up about membership and when does a member have a right to
object to a proposal in the consent process. Are there co-housing
organizations that have said members should attend two or three committee
meetings before having the right to object to a proposal?  How do we define
consistent membership and participation on a committee?

I noticed the following statement in sociocracy bylaws.  Thanks, Chris

3.4 Circle Membership

3.4.1 Definition

Except for the Board of Directors as defined in §6 Board of Directors, a
circle shall include all members of the organization who have significant
roles in the circle’s operations, whether they are paid or volunteer staff.
Each circle shall define “significant roles” and shall be as inclusive as
possible while ensuring (1) the stable functioning of the circle and (2)
the ability of its members to deliberate with a consistent membership.