Re: CH range life span
From: Dick Margulis (dickdmargulis.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 20:16:31 -0700 (PDT)
On 4/25/2018 10:03 PM, Muriel Kranowski wrote:
We're having a problem with our propane-fed commercial gas range - the
ovens either don't get to the temperature they've been set for, or (after
one of our members has worked on them) they overheat.

It's now going on 15 years that we've been using this range and I wonder
how long they're expected to last. Our usage is very different from that of
a restaurant, and I don't know where to find this information. Any voices
of experience?

Your propane dealer's installation technician should be able to fix you right up. I will assume that the correct apertures were installed back when the range was installed. Thermostat's get out of whack and can be calibrated easily enough if you have an accurate oven thermometer. But depending on the type, they can also just die altogether, at which point they need to be replaced.