Common Space- More or Less?
From: David Mencher (menchersgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 05:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
 Dear Cohousers,

We are beginning to evaluate common space plans and preferred apartment
sizes for CHI (Cohousing Israel), Israel's first Sr. Cohousing project,
even though we don't yet have a site.  Our experience searching for a site
so far has indicated that our Cohousing project will likely be an apt bldg,
due to the very high cost of land in Israel.
Any insights that other Cohousers may have regarding the size and design of
Common Space areas is welcome- but first, a few questions:

1.how many different size units were offered in your community?
2.What do you consider the optimal size for common space for 30 units?
3. How do you use the common space for multiple purposes most successfully?
4. What are your best ideas for use of communal space? TIA!

All responses are much appreciated.

Please reply to the Cohousing Listserve or, better yet, directly to:
Judy Feierstein maavarim2 [at] gmail.com
Site and Design Committee
Cohousing Israel CHI
--

David Mencher