Question about Committee Membership and Sociocracy
From: Chris Terbrueggen (christopher402gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 07:37:06 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the responses and thoughtful comments, Sharon. I have been
working with a local non-profit, Wisconsin Empathy Guild, on developing our
understanding and use of objections. She proposed this to me. I really like
how objections and concerns can be used for evaluations. Chris

Objection - an argued and paramount reason why a proposal or agreement
should not be implemented. It states what need(s) would not be met with
this proposal or why doing what is proposed stands in the way of (more)
effective response to the existing dilemma or goals of the group. We
deliberately seek objections as they reveal wisdom that can be used to
improve proposals and agreements. (Concerns are not objections, however
they often contain wisdom, can be recorded in the logbook to further evolve
agreements and may be used to set evaluation criteria for review of the
decision)