Re: Common Space- More or Less?
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 16:37:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi David!

All this information is available in the directory on the Cohousing.org
website. You don’t even have to go to the communities website, which by the way
is also listed, it’s all right there. For example clicking on ravens roost
Cohousing in Anchorage Alaska the immediate community info is:   Moved in 2016,
suburban location,  6.2 acres,  35 units, CH size 3800 s/f.

This should make it easy for you to get as much information as you want from a
whole slew of Cohousing communities.

Ann Zabaldo
Takomavillage Cohousing
Washington DC

Sent from my iPhone
All tiipos ... curtesy of Siri  :-)

> On Apr 29, 2018, at 10:34 AM, David Mencher <menchers [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Cohousers
>
> Sharon's point regarding generic nature and open-endedness of questions is
> noted.
> I will try to narrow the field:
> 1.  How many households (units) make up your community?
> 2.  How large is your common space?
> 3.  What does your common space consist of? (e.g. kitchen, dining room,
> library, cafe, tool room, laundry room, toddlers soft play, etc)
> 4.  Can you point out (best from experience) any aspects of common space
> design or use that are clear mistakes to be avoided (we are a senior,
> urban/semi-urban community of projected 30 units of between 700-950 sq
> ft)?
>
> Thank you for any and all responses
>
> David Mencher
> Cohousing Israel CHI
>

> On 26 April 2018 at 16:48, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> On Apr 26, 2018, at 8:33 AM, David Mencher <menchers [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> 1.how many different size units were offered in your community?
>>> 2.What do you consider the optimal size for common space for 30 units?