Re: Questions to ask when someone blocks a decision
From: David Mencher (menchersgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 20:46:56 -0700 (PDT)
Our (admittedly limited- we are still forming, but 4 year's worth)
experience has shown us that investment in preparing the membership for an
informed discussion and decision will go a long way to eliminate
adversity.  Providing balanced and easily digested source material relevant
to issues to be decided, and discussing member's thoughts and feelings in
view of the background material seems to help cut through much of the
prejudices and pre-formed opinions that accompany sessions devoted to
sticky issues.  And this is in a context (Israel) where people hold very
dearly to their opinions and are used to arguing.

David
Cohousing Israel