Washing machine recommendations and concerns?
From: S. Kashdan (s_kashdanhotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 17:24:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

Here at Jackson Place Cohousing in Seattle, Washington we have a shared
laundry with two washing machines and two dryers. We need to replace one of
the washing machines with a new one. The repair person has recommended that
we move up from the regular large home use model we currently have to a
heavy duty model, not necessarily commercial grade.

We would appreciate hearing about recent experiences other communities have
had with heavy duty, not necessarily commercial grade, washing machines in
their common laundries.

It would also be helpful to find out if there have been clear advantages or
disadvantages noticed with top- and front-loading machines.

One vendor has recommended 2 machines, a top-loading washer and a
front-loading washer, as shown below:

Speed Queen 20-pound capacity front load washer, Model SFNNCASP115TW01

Speed Queen Top Load washer, Quantum Gold, stainless steel tub, Model
SWNNC2SP113TW02

It would be good to know if anyone has had experience with either of the
above models and/or Speed Queen heavy-duty machines in general.

Thanks in advance for whatever you can share with us.

Cohousingly,
Sylvie

Sylvie Kashdan
Community Outreach Liaison