Reselling units
From: J W (winter_hillhotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 09:55:48 -0700 (PDT)
As a new cohousing community (we anticipate breaking ground this summer), we at
Bay State Commons are starting to plan policies for life after moving in.  So
many coho communities have already "been there, done that," and we'd love to
benefit from your experience.

Specifically, I'm researching what process works best when a unit becomes
available for resale.

It's standard practice, I assume, to give community residents first option as
potential buyers, then associate (non-resident) members, before a unit is put
on the open real estate market.  What's your experience been with the process?
Would you do anything differently?  Pros/cons of using a waiting list?  How
best to balance different interests: maintaining affordability, giving priority
access to community members, respecting a seller's desire to seek the best
price?  (And, if a unit does go on the open market, how to ensure that
prospective buyers also buy into the cohousing concept?)

I'd be grateful for your info and advice on any of the above.  Please feel free
to email me directly, if you prefer.

Thanks,

Judy W.
Bay State Commons (www.baystatecommons.org)