Re: Consent question
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 18:37:55 -0700 (PDT)
What is a "committee"? That is are you talking about the "plenary" as
in the whole community, or a subset of the whole?

We have no rules for what "team" may do--teams are subsets of the
community with specific mandates.

For items that come to the plenary for approval because the team
doesn't have authority, it can be discussed as long as there are
things to discuss about it. Once it becomes a proposal, if it is
blocked at one meeting it can come to one more (after discussion with
the blockers). If it still doesn't get approved it can either go to a
vote at the third meeting, or be dropped, or the proposers can develop
a new idea.

It is unusual for us for an item to come to a plenary and be consensed
upon at the same meeting. So we try to encourage folk to remember that
ordinary decisions take three or four months.

Of course some items are not worked on in teams, then it could take
three or four months to determine what the problem is and what are the
values we want to balance in order to solve it, before we get to the
proposal stage.

Liz