Re: handling legal matters
From: Joseph Wheeler (wheeler76gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 04:56:05 -0700 (PDT)
Philip,

Membership on teams, including our Admin Team, is open to all members at Takoma
Village. As a practical matter, teams may engage in some targeted
recruiting to find new members, but anyone can join a team or just sit in
on any team meeting.

We also have a decision-making policy
<http://www.takomavillage.org/ResourceCenter/DocViewer/39042?doc_filename=decision-making%20policy.pdf&doc_id=1729761&print=1>
that
specifies team responsibilities in making different kinds of decisions to
ensure that decisions reflect an appropriate degree of input from the
community. For example, for "routine" decisions: "Teams may proceed on
routine decisions by announcing discussion of the issue on their agendas,
achieving consensus within the team, and posting the decision in their
minutes. Before implementing the decision, the team must resolve any
questions or concerns raised by an individual member."

-Joe Wheeler
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC