Re: handling legal matters
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Muriel,

At Jamaica Plain Cohousing it's the Board that responds to legal challenges and engages legal counsel (with consensus from plenary, of course). While the Board functions as one of our four standing committees (Board, Building, Grounds, and Community Life), its membership is elected rather than appointed, and it exercises at a minimum those powers and duties required by law and the Master Deed to be exercised by a Managing Board. According to such law they indeed represent the legal entity that is our Homeowners' Association, and so is the logical place for legal activities.

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing