Re: Entrepreneurial Co-Housing?
From: Philip Dowds (rphilipdowdsme.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 03:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
Rummaging through the various links, it seems that Fannie Mae (a private
corporation trading in what’s sometimes, but recently-not-so-much, called
“collateralized debt obligations") has a modest (very modest) “Challenge”
program for funding innovations in the low income housing market.  An early
recipient of Challenge funds is the Florida Housing Coalition, a tax-exempt
not-for-profit dedicated to providing low-interest loans and tech support to
help low income households with home ownership and maintenance.  The word
“cohousing” appears nowhere on any Coalition site or material I can locate.
Why “cohousing” has popped up in this context, I do not know … but I can’t
understand why the word “sustainable” gets so much use, either.  If I had to
guess, it would be that “entrepreneurial cohousing” is developer-sponsored
cohousing.

But never mind all that, here’s the good news:  I just discovered that the
spell-checker dictionary embedded in my OS now recognizes the word “cohousing”,
and has ceased auto-correcting to “choosing”.  So we’re now in the major
leagues for sure!

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing