Re: Favorite Community meals?
From: Beverly Jones Redekop (beverly.jones.redekopgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 20:49:40 -0700 (PDT)
My husband and I make the same thing about 90% of the time, and neighbours
are sometimes disappointed if we make something else :-)  We make chana
masala, which is a chickpea curry (onions, tomatoes, chick peas, chana
masala spice mix).  We serve it with grated carrots, grated beets, and
plain high-fat yogurt.  Occasionally we add chapatis or samosas, but not
often.

Here are some themes for gratitude dinners (where parents collaboratively
cook an extra meal to thank the people without kids at home for feeding
their kids):
1.  Scottish theme for Robbie Burns day (lots of Googling for this one!)
2.  Greek feast
3.  taco bar
4.  salad bar
5.  Mediterranean meal
6.  one mile diet (20 acres of our property is a farm)

Other meals my neighbours make:
* tacosagna (lasagna with taco chips)
* frittata (the people with chickens make this egg-heavy meal!)
* barbeque burgers and salads
* soup and salad

Groundswell Cohousing at Yarrow Ecovillage in Yarrow, BC