Re: Number of children
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 22:04:12 -0700 (PDT)
The "Number of children" thread got me to thinking I could pull
some stats out of data I have around...  Below is a summary from
http://l.cohousing.org/kids.htm  which also has a
Complete list by community

This info is from the "complete" listings of communities in the
directory at http://www.cohousing.org/directory in Nov 2016.
Note that some communities did not report some numbers.
For example only 143 of 249 reported the number of children. See table 1.
Data includes forming as well as established communities.
Directory data is reported / maintained by communitities with
varying levels of diligence. (I urge you to update yours.)
There are errors or misinterpretation of what should be reported.
For example, Jamaica Plain Cohousing reports one residence.
The 50 communities reporting 1-10 adults may be forming communities.

Table 1.
Number communities reporting:
community name     249
Current Residences 178
Adults             221
Children           143

Table 2. Summary of number of communities number of residences, adults, kids

--------------------------- Number of ----------------------------------
Residences  Communities    adults  Communities         Kids  Communities

     1- 5   25              1-10   50                  1- 5  42
     6-10   26             11-20   39                  6-10  33
    11-15   13             21-30   26                 11-15  19
    16-20   25             31-40   29                 16-20  26
    21-25   18             41-50   26                 21-25  11
    26-30   28             51-60   18                 26-30   6
    31-35   18             61-70   17
    36-40   11             71-80   11
    41-45    7             81-91    8

Table 3. Communities with most residences, adults or kids
                                        Current
                                        Number of   Adult    Child
                                        Residences  Members  Members
Rocky Hill Cohousing                        28        63       33
Sharingwood Cohousing                       25        85       35
East Lake Commons CoHousing                 67       150       40
Nyland                                      43        90       50
EcoVillage Ithaca                          100       240       67

Pacifica                                    46        74       10
Stone Curves Cohousing Community            48        64       21
Eastern Village Cohousing                   56        90       14
EcoVillage Ithaca **                       100       240       67
** in 3 cohousing communities

Fred