Re: Unaffordable Housing: What it costs to rent a 2 Br Apt [Was: Affordable...
From: Lynne Markell (lmarkellrogers.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 10:11:02 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Fred,
Could you be more specific about the housing program that provided subsidies to
your cohousing community?
Could you tell us the name of the program and who runs it - city, state, or
federal government or other organization?
Were the subsidies to bring down the cost of an individual unit for ownership
or rental?
Did households have qualify, based on income?

I would like to followup and get more details, as we do not have such a program
in Canada. Our housing programs are for rental housing or non profit housing
co-operatives. None of the cohousing projects have gotten any subsidies and so
they are out of reach for modest and low income people.
Some of us are trying to change that, but we need examples of existing
programmes to show politicians and bureaucrats.
Thanks in advance,
Lynne

Lynne Markell,
Lmarkell [at] rogers.com