Re: Unaffordable Housing: What it costs to rent a 2 Br Apt
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 11:57:13 -0700 (PDT)
>Could you be more specific about the housing program that provided
>subsidies to your cohousing community?

Thank you for your question, Lynn. I did not know the specifics but
have been meaning to find out more details.  I am not involved
with Rocky Corner Cohousing http://www.rockycorner.org
that used this program. Dick Margulis <dick [at] dmargulis.com>
from there wrote about it in his June 12 Cohousing-L post:
http://lists.cohousing.org/archives/cohousing-l/msg42983.html
I'm sure he could provide much more detail.

A little search found
"Low-Income Housing Tax Credit"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-Income_Housing_Tax_Credit
which I am pretty sure is the program in question.  It starts:

 The Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC - often pronounced
 "lie-tech", Housing Credit) is a dollar-for-dollar tax credit in the
 United States for affordable housing investments. It was created under
 the Tax Reform Act of 1986 (TRA86) and gives incentives for the
 utilization of private equity in the development of affordable housing
 aimed at low-income Americans. LIHTC accounts for the majority
 (approximately 90%) of all affordable rental housing created in the
 United States today.

Fred