Re: Cooking rota software
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 18:51:51 -0700 (PDT)
We've been using signup.com for the last (I think) 4 rotations. Works well
for us

After the first rota was all signed up using that app, I did a satisfaction
survey to compare it with our old physical signup calendar. Only one person
expressed sadness at the change - they missed the human touch of looking at
that physical calendar every day during the signup period and seeing their
neighbors' names written in, each by hand in their individual handwriting,
on the big sheet of paper that we used to put up in the CH for the signup.

I felt sympathetic but as I was then responsible for the cooks-and-cleaners
recruiting and associated bureaucracy, I strongly preferred using the
on-line app. The only thing I missed about the paper signup sheet was that
it was much more obvious what the remaining openings were than on the app.
All the other users either preferred the app or REALLY preferred it or were
neutral.
  Muriel at Shadowlake Village