Home Exchange opportunity at Pleasant Hill Cohousing
From: Susan HEDGPETH (hedgpethberkeley.edu)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 07:39:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hello cohousing-L,

We have a unique opportunity here at Pleasant Hill Cohousing, details
below.   We're a suburban community in Contra Costa County, California,
east of San Francisco.  See http://phch.org  and
http://www.facebook.com/PleasantHillCohousing

If you are interested, please respond to PHCHinquiry [at] gmail.com and we'll
forward to the owner.

--------------------------------------

Home Exchange, for 1-12 months (flexible), with beautiful pool, landscaping
and facilities at Pleasant Hill Cohousing!

Have you ever wanted to dip your toe into cohousing life?  Two bedroom unit
(1,200 sq ft, one and a half baths) available for 1-12 month exchange,
beginning July 15th (exact dates flexible).

The Deal:

You participate in community life while we live in your home in Central
Contra Costa County!  Our bedrooms are reasonable size.  The downstairs is
one large great room with full kitchen plus half bath.  Unfortunately, we
can't have kitties in the mix b/c I am allergic.  Well-behaved dogs are
most welcome.  (We have several beloved canines here - on leash outside.)
We do not smoke and would prefer exchanging homes with fellow non-smokers.

On-site parking (1 car per licensed driver with maximum of 3).  Right on
the Iron Horse Trail, less than a mile walking or biking to Pleasant Hill
BART.  Fair Oaks Elementary School is literally next door.  Short walk to
downtown Pleasant Hill.

Our unit will be furnished.  We would need your house, apt. or condo to be
furnished, too.  We need two beds - any size - for my nine-year-old and me
(any number of bedrooms is ok).  There won't be a huge amount of storage
space available at our place, but enough closet space for several months'
worth of clothes and personal belongings.

I'm envisioning no money exchange at all; you pay all the regular bills
associated with your home, and I'll pay mine.  All utilities, including
high-speed internet, included.  Each adult resident will be expected to
fulfill four hours of community work per month.

We have lived contentedly at PHCH for 12 years and hope to remain here for
many more.  We would like to relocate temporarily to ease commutes and
focus on our own family well-being for a time.  We seek a place in Central
Contra Costa County (Walnut Creek would be ideal, but any surrounding area
could work).

At Pleasant Hill Cohousing, you will be welcome to join the common meal
system, Friday night Happy Hours on the Old Oak Lawn, work parties,
milestone celebrations, holiday festivities, and many meetings.  Community
members include eight kids between the ages of 7-13 and several teen
girls.

The community is LGBTQ-friendly, a certified Green Business, and a solid
model of consensus decision-making (if you ask me)!

You will also have full access to our 3,000 sq. ft. common house with
laundry facilities, a wonderful commercial kitchen and events space, kids'
play room, Cross-Trainer, crafts room, adult sitting room, Bar-B-Q, etc.
Pool and hot tub near the grape arbor, community garden and chicken coop!

Thanks for your interest!
Jean

If interested, please respond to PHCHinquiry [at] gmail.com and we'll forward to
the owner.

-Susan for the Outreach Committee