Re: Financing Consultant [was Unaffordable Housing: What it costs to rent a 2 Br Apt
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 09:43:18 -0700 (PDT)
On Jun 28, 2018, at 3:55 PM, Dick Margulis <dick [at] dmargulis.com> wrote:

> On 6/28/2018 3:07 PM, Sharon Villines via Cohousing-L wrote:
>> Rocky Corner also credits its success to hiring a financing expert who
>> helped them find and apply for various subsidy programs and methods for
>> financing housing.
>
> Yes. We would still be the same pointless monthly discussion group (PMDG™) we
> started as 12 years ago if we were trying to do this on our own.

I didn’t mean that to be disparaging or the single factor but when I toured the
property I was told that with his expertise in putting together various grant
and subsidy programs, you were able to move forward after a long period of
feeling stuck — as all groups get for one reason or another.

What I was most impressed with and wanted everyone to know about is that people
like this exist independently from agencies, banks, etc. Most of us, I think,
are unaware of this. We rely on bank officers and government officials to give
us the correct and full information. As anyone who has called the IRS knows,
that is not always the case. Even after you master the lingo.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC