Re: Questions about Reserve Amounts
From: Joseph Wheeler (wheeler76gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 09:40:10 -0700 (PDT)
I can't speak to the thinking that went into the formula at the time Takoma
Village was founded because I wasn't around, but I think it is a somewhat
standard formula that seeks to balance some of the unequal costs/benefits
attributable to the different sizes of units with each unit owner's equal
access to common elements (the latter being a more significant factor in
cohousing than in other condos). I'm sure there are different ways to
balance these interests and further minimize regressiveness of fees. I
haven't thought through the options enough to argue in favor of this or
some alternate as the preferred approach.

-Joe Wheeler
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC