Re: Question about Consent Governance
From: David Mencher (menchersgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 23:54:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Chris,

In our Cohousing Israel project CHI (4+ years in the making) we have
learned that the most important part of a decision making process is making
sure that everyone is satisfied that their thoughts on the subject have
been heard.  Second in importance, but a close second, is proper
preparation for decision making, so that members can approach issues in an
educated, intelligent manner, avoiding (to a degree) gut reactions,
encouraging thoughtful consideration and discourse.

In our experience, requiring an objecting member to both explain the
objection and offer an alternative to the proposal helps keep discussions
on track.  I dont see how a members objection, if important enough to be
raised, can be considered "not valid".

David Mencher
CHI